RDIF picks up two awards at the Private Equity Leaders Awards for Russia and the CIS
Moscow, April 14, 2014 - The Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) won two awards for Russia and the CIS at the 2013 Private Equity Leaders Awards in Moscow. For the second year in a row, RDIF won Best Private Equity Firm in Russia and CEO Kirill Dmitriev was again named Russian Private Equity Person of the Year.
Amongst the nominees were heads of private equity funds, investment banks, consultancies and other important players in the sector. The online voting criteria included professionalism and quality of work, market reputation and achievements in 2013.
RDIF’s awards and prizes:
- Private Equity Leaders Award 2013 (Russia & CIS) from Private Equity Russia & CIS Journal in categories “Best private equity firm in Russia” and “Person of the year on Russian private equity market” (CEO of RDIF Kirill Dmitriev)
- Financial Elite of Russia 2013 – Grand prix “Private equity fund of the year”
- ACQ Global Awards 2013 in the “Russia – Investment fund of the year” category
- Acquisition International M&A Awards 2013 in the “Large Private Equity House of the Year – Russia” category
RDIF’s deals have also received a number of awards:
- “Deal of the Month” by Acquisition International Magazine for the joint investment with EBRD in Cotton Way company
- 6th Annual International M&A Advisor Awards in the “Industrial Manufacturing/Distribution Deal of the Year” category, for the acquisition of Voltyre-Prom by RDIF, Titan International and One Equity Partners
- Investor Awards 2013 from “Stock market” magazine and Investor.ru portal in the “private equity and venture capital: Deal of the year” category for investment in IPO of MD Medical Group
- 3rd Annual ACG New York Champion’s Awards in the “Sector Transaction of the Year – Technology, Media and Telecom” category for the investment in Karo Film cinema chain
- 5th Annual International M&A Award in the “M&A Deal of the Year (Over $100mm to $250mm)” category for the investment in Karo Film cinema chain
- 5th Annual International M&A Award in the “Deal Financing of the Year” category, for the investment in Karo Film cinema chain
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of RDIF, was also included in Private Equity International’s Top 100 most influential global investors of the last decade.
* * *
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) was established in June 2011 to make equity co-investments primarily in Russia alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. Based in Moscow, RDIF’s management company is a 100% subsidiary of Vnesheconombank. Further information at rdif.ru.
The Private Equity Leaders Award was founded by Private Equity Russia & CIS Journal in 2010 to recognize achievements in the field of direct investment in private companies in Russia and the CIS. Private Equity Russia & CIS is the only English-language publication covering direct investment in Russia and the CIS. The magazine is targeted at investment professionals and business owners.
Russian Direct Investment Fund
Director, Media Relations Department
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2141
Mobile: +7 964 726 17 73
Andrew Hayes / Maria Ignatova / Elena Kuza
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133