RDIF met with leading representatives of German business
Press release, 01.11.2018
Moscow, November 1, 2018 - Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF, the sovereign wealth fund of Russia) has met with leading representatives of German business, members of the German Eastern Business Association.
The meeting was attended by:
- Wolfgang Büchele (CEO, German Committee on Eastern European Economic Relations,
- Michael Harms (Chairman of the Board , East European Association of German Business),
- Christiane Schuchart (Regional Director, Russia, German Eastern Business Association),
- Klaus Rosenfeld (Chairman of the Board, Schaeffler AG),
- Rainer Lindner (CEO, Central & Eastern Europe/Middle East and Africa, Schaeffler AG),
- Matthias Schepp (Chairman of the Board, Russian-German Chamber of Commerce),
- Echard Cordes (Chairman of Supervisory Board, Bilfinger SE).
The participants discussed measures to develop the dialog and implement joint projects in various sectors of the Russian economy. The parties also considered steps to support investment cooperation and outlined prospects for the development of relations between Russia and Germany.
The meeting with the German businesses was held as part of the partnership established by RDIF and the German Eastern Business Association in 2012.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), said:
“The partnership with the German Eastern Business Association was one of RDIF’s first agreements signed with international partners. We are in dialogue with a large number of German companies and today announced a strategic partnership with Schaeffler Group, a leading German industrial group. We plan to implement joint industrial projects in Russia and internationally, and will also consider attracting RDIF’s portfolio companies into these projects”
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) is Russia's sovereign wealth fund established in 2011 to make equity co-investments, primarily in Russia, alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. RDIF’s management company is based in Moscow. Further information can be found at www.rdif.ru
For additional information contact:
Russian Direct Investment Fund
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2395
Mobile: +7 916 110 31 41
Andrew Hayes / Andrew Leach
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133