Russian Direct Investment Fund Statement on Accusations Made by Some US Media
Press release, 03.10.2018
Moscow, October 3, 2018 − With regards to a series of recent publications in several media the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) would like to make the following statement:
1. RDIF has become a target of an unfair smear campaign in some media based on erroneous and unverified information from anonymous sources, purposeful misinterpretation of the RDIF public statements as well as plain disinformation.
2. Publications by The Daily Beast represent a stark example of such campaign. In its attempts to mislead readers about various matters relating to RDIF and its CEO Mr. Kirill Dmitriev and tarnish their reputation, the Daily Beast went so far as falsely attributing direct quotes to a person who later publicly disavowed such attribution. All of the three The Daily Beast reports relating to RDIF contained numerous mistakes, misrepresentations and false statements that were subsequently corrected or withdrawn by The Daily Beast at the behest of RDIF.
3. Defending its reputation against a flow of incorrect information, RDIF corrected more than 100 erroneous and defamatory reports, including through legal action outside Russia. RDIF will continue to protect its rights, including by commencing legal proceedings in any relevant jurisdiction.
4. We believe that the ultimate goal of these reports is to attack and smear those persons who are making an effort to improve relations between Russia and the United States.
5. RDIF firmly believes that restoration of good relations is in the interests of both Russia and the US and calls upon media to use only correct information in their stories and otherwise adhere to the standards of responsible journalism in all of their publications.
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF)is Russia's sovereign wealth fund established in 2011 to make equity co-investments, primarily in Russia, alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. RDIF’s management company is based in Moscow. Further information can be found at www.rdif.ru
For additional information contact:
Arseniy Palagin Andrew Hayes / Andrew Leach
Russian Direct Investment Fund Hudson Sandler
Press Secretary Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2395
Mobile: +7 916 110 31 41