RDIF showcase Russian business during APEC Business Summit in Manila
Press release, 18.11.2015
Moscow, November 18, 2015– The CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund Kirill Dmitriev participated in the APEC Summit and the preceding APEC Business Summit, both being held in Manila.
On the sidelines of the summit, Mr. Dmitriev took part in meetings between Prime Minister of Russia, Dmitry Medvedev, and Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand, Prayuth Chan-ocha, and the President of the Republic of Vietnam, Truong Tan Sang.
At the summit, Mr. Dmitriev represented Russia as Chairman of the Russian Sector of APEC Business Advisory Council (ABAC). He was also a moderator during the speech of Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of Russia, on November 18.
Additionally, Mr. Dmitriev facilitated the session between Mr. Medvedev and the members of the APEC Business Advisory Council at the APEC Meeting of Economic Leaders.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), said:
"One of the most important topics discussed at the Summit were the new opportunities emerging as the Eurasian Economic Union integrates with the promising markets of the APEC countries. Two-thirds of the global middle class will reside in the APEC region by 2030. This demonstrates the potential for the development of the consumer sector along with industry and infrastructure construction."
Examples of RDIF projects implemented with partners in APEC
- Construction of the railway bridge on the Russian-Chinese border;
- Coal company Tigers Realm Coal;
- Diamond company Alrosa;
- The largest timber company in the Russian Far East RFP Group;
- Vladivostok International Airport;
- Construction of ZapSibNeftkhim, a modern petrochemical facility.
- Russia-China Investment Fund (RCIF) with China Investment Corporation;
- Russian-Japanese investment platform with Japan Bank for International Cooperation;
- Russian-Korean investment platform with Korea Investment Corporation;
- Partnership with China’s Silk Road Fund ;
- Partnership with Thailand’s Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group) in agricultural sector;
- •Partnership with the Xixian New Area Management Committee (China) and New Century International Leasing to create a platform to promote the the Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ100) to Chinese and other Asian markets;
- Joint investment fund between RCIF and China’s Vcanland with a focus on the tourism infrastructure in Russia and China.
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF)was established in 2011 to make equity co-investments, primarily in Russia alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. RDIF’s management company is based in Moscow. Further information at www.rdif.ru
Russian Direct Investment Fund
Director, Media Relations Department
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2141
Mobile: +7 964 726 17 73
Andrew Hayes / Elena Garside
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133