RDIF delegation participated in the BRICS Summit in Xiamen
Xiamen (PRC), 4 September 2017 – A delegation of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), led by CEO Kirill Dmitriev, took part in the BRICS Summit, held in Xiamen (China) from September 3 to 5, 2017. As Russian representative to the BRICS Business Council, Kirill Dmitriev took part in the annual meeting of BRICS leaders with members of the Business Council, as well as a number of bilateral meetings of the Russian delegation.
The meetings examined the issues of strengthening and developing trade, as well as economic and investment cooperation between the BRICS countries. The BRICS Business Council analysed current business ties between participating countries against the backdrop of significant macroeconomic and geopolitical changes. It then presented recommendations on the further promotion of mutual trade and investment.
Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF), said: "Developing and growing conditions that ensure a climate of mutual trust and global macroeconomic growth was one of the most important topics discussed during the Summit. It is extremely important for us that Russia continues to increase its attractiveness as an investment destination and plays one of the key roles in the development of international economic relations."
Examples of RDIF projects implemented with partners from BRICS countries:
- RDIF project on the construction of small hydro power plants in the Republic of Karelia in cooperation with Sinomec (China) with the support of the BRICS New Development Bank;
- The development of the former Tushino airfield with the participation of the Russia-China Investment Fund (RDIF) and the Silk Road Fund (also with the participation of partners from Saudi Arabia);
- The bridge across the Amur river on the border of the Russian Federation and China with the participation of the RCIF;
- RCIF investments in Eurasia Drilling Company, Transneft, PhosAgro, Detsky Mir, RFP and Dakaitaowa.
- RDIF initiative to create a $ 10 billion fund for investing in national currencies in conjunction with China Development Bank;
Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) is Russia's sovereign wealth fund established in 2011 to make equity co-investments, primarily in Russia, alongside reputable international financial and strategic investors. RDIF acts as a catalyst for direct investment in the Russian economy. RDIF’s management company is based in Moscow. Further information can be found at rdif.ru
For additional information contact:
Russian Direct Investment Fund
Tel: +7 495 644 34 14, ext. 2395
Mobile: +7 916 110 31 41
Andrew Hayes / Yulianna Vilkos
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7796 4133