RDIF has attracted a number of leading foreign investors from North America, Middle East, Europe and Southeast Asia into a consortium to invest in the IPO and SPO of ALROSA. ALROSA is the largest diamond producer in the world by output in carats.
- An increase in the exploration and production at promising and existing fields (Karpinskogo-1 pipe and commissioning of the underground mine Udachniy, the Botuobinskaya pipe launched in Yakutia).The IPO stake was sold in spring 2016 at a yield of over 30%.
- The sale of a stake in the state-owned company (privatization) in an SPO generated budget revenues in the amount of USD 812 mln.
- Following the deal, the weight of ALROSA shares in the MSCI Russia Index increased, which allowed raising USD 70 mln from passive investment funds.
- As of year-end 2016, the share price rose by over 45% compared to the SPO offer price.
- Year of investment: 2013, 2016.